Building hope for the future
Connected to the CommunityPro bono is part of who we are and what we do at Faegre Drinker, every day. Throughout our history, Faegre Drinker attorneys and staff have fought for the causes that appeal to their sense of justice and are important to our communities. Since 2015, we have devoted more than 230,000 hours to pro bono work, providing legal counsel, courtroom advocacy and skilled representation to pro bono causes and clients that are as varied as our attorneys.
- Enforce constitutional rights of foster children needing protection, citizens fighting to have their vote counted and prisoners entitled to freedom of worship and decent medical care
- Fight for the lives of inmates on death row
- Represent tenants to ensure stable, safe and affordable housing
- Help veterans receive benefits to which they are entitled
- Advocate for domestic violence survivors to obtain protection orders
- Counsel and represent budding artists and small nonprofits on governance, intellectual property, and legal rights and responsibilities
- Assist with financing development in some of the country’s poorest neighborhoods
- Represent immigrants and asylum-seekers in achieving safety and stability
- Advance and protect human rights and the rule of law at home and around the globe
To each of these clients and causes, and everyone we serve, we bring the passion, commitment, ethics and excellence that distinguish Faegre Drinker. Our steadfast commitment to pro bono service provides value to our clients, our communities and our world. And as a charter signatory to the Pro Bono Institute’s Pro Bono Challenge, we publicly acknowledge our firm-wide commitment to provide pro bono legal services focused on low-income and disadvantaged individuals and families, and nonprofit groups.
Public recognition of our pro bono work is affirming and rewarding. We are particularly honored to have received:
- The 2019 ABA Pro Bono Publico Award
- The John Carroll Society’s Pro Bono Legal Service Award in Washington, D.C.
- The Philadelphia Bar Foundation's Pro Bono Award
- The Dallas Bar Association’s Pro Bono Bronze Award
- The Indiana Bar Foundation’s Pro Bono Publico Award
- Law Firm of the Year awards from many of our key legal aid partners in the community.
Faegre Drinker also sponsors a wide range of community service opportunities for all firm personnel. Our activities leverage our collective time, talent and resources to address community needs, emphasizing children and families, education, job-readiness, housing and homelessness, veterans’ affairs and hunger.
We are proud of our attorneys, professionals and staff colleagues who give their time and talent to pro bono and community service activities. We also are extraordinarily grateful to the many clients who join us in pro bono and community service endeavors and to the nonprofit organizations that partner with us in this important work.
Our attorneys and other professionals will continue our tradition of making a difference — not just to our clients but also to the communities in which we live and practice. This is our heritage and our future.