Much of Libby’s work relates to digital health — the intersection of internet, technology and health, including:
- Internet pharmacies and pharmacy compliance.
- Telemedicine / telehealth.
- Opioid and substance use disorder issues online, including the Ryan Haight Act.
- Pharmaceutical supply chain security and integrity.
- Counterfeit, falsified and substandard medicines.
- Drug price transparency.
- Internet governance and ICANN policy.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory and user fee reforms.
- International regulatory harmonization and capacity building.
For more on these issues, check out the Digital Health Law and Policy LinkedIn Group that Libby helps lead. She also helped found and currently advises the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies Global (ASOP Global) and the ASOP Global Foundation, two globally-active nonprofit organizations dedicated to addressing illegal online drug sellers.
Libby is proud to represent a number of national organizations and coalitions on a variety of issues, including (but not limited to) the:
- American Telemedicine Association (ATA).
- Coalition for a Secure and Transparent Internet.
- Medical Transportation Access Coalition.
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP).
- National Council for Behavioral Health.
- Wholesale and Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA).
International Digital Health Consulting
Due to the internet’s broad reach, public health, patient safety and compliance with the rule of law are inherently global — and so is Libby's work. Libby counsels clients on issues involving governments and private sector stakeholders in the European Union, India, Canada, Asia and Latin America. She participates in global Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) meetings and working groups, engages in various forums within the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation's Regulatory Harmonization Steering Committee (RHSC), and often collaborates with other multilateral organizations.
Libby serves clients of Faegre Drinker Consulting as a consulting professional, and does not act as a lawyer for those clients. Separately, Libby serves other clients as a lawyer for Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP. She can help you decide which services are best for you. Learn more.
Libby uses her problem-solving skills to aid in the firm’s work with DesignLab, offering Design Sprints, workshops and applied design thinking to advance solutions. As a Design Lab Ambassador in D.C., she applies design thinking to client projects aimed at influencing the government and stakeholders through well-designed dashboards illustrating complex policy issues.
Personal InterestsAn avid athlete, Libby enjoys regular morning workouts, weekend sports with her family and the occasional competitive tennis match. In her spare time, she can be found playing with her young son, catching up on TEDTalks podcasts or scuba diving.
Related Policy, Advocacy & Consulting Services
District of Columbia
Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Indiana University, Bloomington
B.A. with highest distinction (2004)
Insights & Events
- Drug shortage raises concerns over potential fake pharmaceuticals
IPRC Connections, Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center, January 2023
- Recent and Anticipated Federal and State Policy Efforts
Speaker, Rx-360 Supply Chain Security Steering Committee Meeting
- Consumer Protection and Counterfeits: Public Messaging as a Strategy
Panelist, Forum on Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies, June 2019
- Politics Prompts Problematic Policymaking
Innovations, March 2019
- Trump Administration Reports Highlight Efforts to Combat Illegal Online Drug Sales
Co-author, .Pharmacy, March 2019
- Lower Drug Prices Aren’t Worth Higher Health Risks
Co-author, Drug Topics, March 2019
- 2019 Illegal Online Pharmacies: The Risks to Patient Health and Brand Reputation
Co-author, World Trademark Review, March 2019
- With New Congress Comes Renewed Prescription Drug Importation Efforts at the State, National Levels
Co-author, .Pharmacy, February 2019
- Congress Presses Federal Action to Update Remote Prescribing of Controlled Substances Policy
Co-author, .Pharmacy, January 2019
- Behavioral Health, the Ryan Haight Act, and Telemedicine
National Council for Behavioral Health's Annual Policy Forum, October 2017
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Meeting
White River Junction, VT, October 2017
- Telehealth: A Priority for Advancing Quality Health Care
Co-author, Law360, September 2017
- Pharmaceuticals and Pharmaceutical Benefit Management
Blue Plan General Counsel Roundtable, Washington D.C. September 2017
- Online Pharmacies: What You Need to Know to Keep Hoosiers Safe
Indiana Employers Forum, September 2017
- DC Today and All the Changes
Rx-360 2017 Roadshow #1, Deefield, IL, July 2017
- ASOP Global, CPhA and NABP Roundtable on Canadian Online Pharmacies
Canadian Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, June 2017
- Lessons Learned About U.S. Behavior and Perception of Online Pharmacies
ASOP EU Forum with EU Member States, June 2017
- ASOP Global and NABP Roundtable on Canadian Online Pharmacies
National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, May 2017
- Securing Medical Product Quality Through the Supply Chain
APEC RHSC Regulatory Science Center of Excellence (CoE) for Product Quality & Supply Chain Pilot Program, March 2017
- India International Forum on Patient Safety and Access to Safe Online Pharmacies
ASOP Global, U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention and Consumer Online Foundation (India), New Delhi, India, March 2017
- Protecting Patients in the Digital Health Environment
U.S. Pharmacopeia Joint Leadership Meeting, February 2017
- Online Sales of Medications
Indianapolis Coalition for Patient Safety, February 2017
- Valuing - and Getting Value From - Millennial Women Lawyers
National Museum for Women in the Arts, Best Friends at the Bar - Book Launch, Washington D.C., October 2015
- Developing Public Private Partnerships in the Health Sector
Guest Lecturer, American University Department of Public Administration and Policy, October 5, 2015
- The Newest Diversion Tool: Online Pharmacies and Telemedicine
National Association of State Controlled Substance Authorities (NASCSA) Annual Meeting, Savannah, Georgia, October 22, 2014
- Bad Actors: The Impact and Enforcement of Illegal iGaming Sites
Gaming Expo (G2E), Las Vegas, Nevada, September 29, 2014
- The Impacts of Fake Online Pharmacies on Patient Safety
Partnership for Safe Medicines' Interchange, Washington, D.C., September 18, 2014
- Consumer Awareness and Enforcement
Government Affairs Program, International Trademark Association, Washington, D.C., September 16, 2014
- Engaging Global Leaders: Protecting Patients From Falsified Medicines Online
Seminar, Microsoft Office, Brussels, Belgium, July 17, 2014
- Transatlantic Cooperation on Internet Pharmacies
Public Meeting, Transatlantic Intellectual Property Rights Working Group, Brussels, Belgium, July 16, 2014
- Patients Impacted by Supply Chain Dangers, PDA/FDA Pharmaceutical
Supply Chain Conference, Washington, D.C., June 3, 2014
- Commercial Use of Domain Names: An Analysis of Multiple Jurisdictions
White Paper, ICANN Privacy/Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (PPSAI) Working Group, May 2014
- Internet Drug Sales — Public Awareness, Best Practices and Updates
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Senior Officials Meeting, Qingdao, China, May 5-7, 2014
- Working Together on Global Solutions to Combat Illegal Online Drug Sellers
Global Access to Medicines Conference, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, April 18, 2014
- Combating Illegal Medicines Online — Safety in Numbers
Global Forum on Access to Safe Medicine Conference, London, April 4, 2014
- International Action Against Illegal Internet Drug Sales
Pre-Conference Workshop, Global Forum on Access to Safe Medicines, London, April 2, 2014
Firm Blog Contributions
- TCAM Today – uncomplicated, practical, day-to-day advice about how to build, protect or monetize a brand
Leadership & Community
- American Society of Pharmacy Law
- D.C. Bar Association
- American Telemedicine Association — Standards and Guidelines Committee Workgroup and Invited Expert Advisor
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) — Regulatory Harmonization Steering Committee, Internet Sales Working Group
- Federation of State Medical Boards Expert Working Group on Telemedicine Consultations
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington — Law Alumni Board, Executive Committee
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy — .pharmacy gTLD Advisory Committee
- National Association of Governors' Prescription Drug Abuse Policy Academy — Expert Faculty Advisor
- RESOLVE: National Infertility Association — Public Policy Working Group
- The Indiana University Maurer School of Law — Distinguished Service Award, 2021
- Law360 — Rising Star (Health Care), 2020
- Burton Award — Internet Pharmacies: Trends, Opportunities and Risks (The Health Lawyer, June 2019 issue), 2020
- Washington DC Super Lawyers — 2016-19
- Indiana University — Luminary, 2015
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Herman B Wells Scholar at Indiana University, Bloomington
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.