To manage their litigation risk and help them operate smoothly, Stacey advises employers on best practices and policies and trains and counsels management and HR professionals. She assists with:
- HR due diligence in corporate transactions
- Hiring, discipline and termination procedures
- Preparation of employment documents, including policies and procedures, handbooks, contracts, non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Investigations on employee dishonesty, harassment, discrimination, improper use of company property and misappropriation of confidential information
- Analysis of employment issues pertaining to franchise operations
When employers face litigation, Stacey represents them at state and federal agencies and courts in matters involving:
- Sexual harassment
- The FMLA
- Restrictive covenants and confidential information
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Wage and hour disputes under the Fair Labor and Standards Act, the Illinois Minimum Wage Law, and the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act
- Wrongful discharge
- Equal pay
Stacey has prosecuted and defended injunctions based on restrictive covenants in employment contracts.
Stacey also handles general litigation matters concerning breaches of contract or fiduciary duty, tortious interference, the Uniform Commercial Code, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, insurance recovery and contract disputes.
Before joining Faegre Drinker, Stacey was a partner in the employment and labor group of Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon.