Jessica Abrahams knows the ins and outs of rules and policies that govern U.S. federal, state and local and international contracts in the government marketplace. She helps clients identify and win meaningful business opportunities, capitalize on federal appropriations and successfully navigate the various procurement processes.
Jessica provides comprehensive counsel to U.S. and international clients relating to contracting, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution in their business dealings with U.S. and foreign governmental entities. She serves as a trusted adviser to companies working across a broad range of industries, including aerospace and defense, transportation, information technology, telecommunications, health care, biodefense and professional services. She also is recognized for her extensive knowledge of the AbilityOne® Program, among the largest sources of employment in the United States for individuals who are blind or have significant disabilities. Jessica also advises government contractors on global compliance, including supply chain and risk mitigation techniques across the entirety of the business life cycle.
Complementing Jessica’s skill set is her standing as a litigator with a proven track record of wins for government contractors. She represents clients before federal district and appellate courts, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the Boards of Contract Appeals, the Government Accountability Office and various federal administrative tribunals in bid protest litigation, contract disputes, qui tam and civil procurement fraud matters, subcontractor disputes, trade secret cases, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act proceedings, and suspension and debarment. In addition, Jessica advises clients on corporate transactions involving government contractors, including mergers and acquisitions and all associated due diligence. She also provides counsel on FOCI matters, ITAR, OFAC and various export controls-related issues.
Jessica is known for her practical approach to problem solving and for her holistic and strategic view of client service aimed at limiting risk and maximizing opportunities over the long term. Jessica’s practice is an interdisciplinary one designed to achieve significant results for clients, as reflected by her outstanding record of success.
Related Policy, Advocacy & Consulting Services
District of Columbia
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
J.D. Order of the Barristers (1990)
B.A. cum laude (1987)
Université de Provence (Aix Marseille I)
Insights & Events
- Proposed Legislation Bans U.S. Government Contractors Doing Business in Russia
Republished in Government Contracting Law Report, August 2022
- "Elected officials singled us out’: Two Texas Planned Parenthoods won’t return up to $4 million in PPP loans," The Dallas Morning News, August 2020
Firm Blog Contributions
- Broker Dealer Law Blog – a resource that provides practical insights on litigation, regulatory, compliance and fiduciary issues impacting broker-dealers
- Faegre Drinker on Products – a blog addressing all things product liability that covers legal issues and developments of interest to product manufacturers and their employers
Leadership & Community
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2011-14
- Capital Pro Bono High Roller Honor Roll, 2014
- District of Columbia Bar Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, 2000
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
- Children’s Law Center, Emeritus Board of Directors Member
- Advising Women Executives, Founding Member
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, Co-Chair Lawyers Committee
- National Woman’s Party, Vice President and Member of Board of Directors
- KEEN Greater D.C., Member of Board of Directors
- Team Leader, Government Contracts
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP — Chair, Government Contracts Team, 2018-20; Women’s Leadership Committee
- Chambers USA — Nationwide, Government Contracts, 2018-22
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.