Helen Tuttle counsels clients at every stage of the employment spectrum — from helping to foster an inclusive workplace culture to defending disputes related to discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Clients value Helen’s cost-effective and business-focused approach to mitigating and solving their most challenging labor and employment issues. She is an experienced adviser and a fierce defender in the courts, in arbitrations and before federal agencies. Clients of all sizes, from nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies, put their trust in her proactive and responsive approach to complex labor and employment matters.
Helen is the leader of the firm's Florham Park office.
Labor and Employment
Helen advises clients on all aspects of labor and employment, such as:
- Obligations under federal, state and local laws
- Disciplinary actions
- Reductions in workforce
- Due diligence
- Workplace safety
- Restrictive covenants
Helen drafts and negotiates executive compensation agreements, severance and separation agreements, waivers and releases, and nondisclosure agreements. She also conducts investigations in response to internal complaints involving high-level executives.
Risk Mitigation and Litigation
Helen assists clients in creating workplace cultures that mitigate the risk of legal action by employees. She parses company policies, flags problematic clauses and conducts training sessions for management. When clients face workplace allegations, she defends against single- and multi-plaintiff claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation before state and federal courts and agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Temple University Beasley School of Law
Franklin and Marshall College
Insights & Events
Firm Blog Contributions
- LaborSphere – a resource providing coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of labor issues
Leadership & Community
Helen served on the District XA Ethics Committee from 2011-19, an appointment by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. She was vice chair of the committee from 2013-15 and chair from 2015-17.
- Academy of New Jersey Management Attorneys (ANJMA)
- Leader, Florham Park Office, 2023-present
- Nominating Committee, 2020-22
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP — Steering Committee, Women's Leadership Committee
- New York Law Journal, New York Magazine — New York's Top Rated Lawyers, 2020
- Savoy Magazine — Most Influential Women in Corporate America, 2019
- Savoy Magazine — Most Influential Black Lawyers 2015, 2018
- Chambers USA — "Up and Coming" for New Jersey, Labor & Employment, 2015−17
- Best Lawyers® — Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2023
- New Jersey Law Journal — “Diverse Lawyers of the Year,” 2015
- NJBIZ — “Forty Under 40,” 2013
- New Jersey Law Journal — “40 Under 40,” 2011
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.