Sari also works with the firm's government team on the process and policies of procurement, bidding and government contracting.
U.S. Inbound Immigration Matters
Sari works with multinational and local clients on U.S. inbound immigration matters, including:
- Counseling on I-9 compliance procedures and best practices
- Advising on E-Verify implementation and practice
- Guiding employers in responding to and preparing for worksite enforcement actions
- Preparing petitions to USCIS and CBP for nonimmigrant visas (e.g., H-1B, TN, L-1, E-2, O-1)
- Supporting employers with student and intern visa issues, including F-1 and J-1
- Preparing PERM labor certifications and employment-based immigrant visa petitions (EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3)
- Counseling employers and foreign nationals on global travel-related questions
After serving as an immigration paralegal at Faegre Baker Daniels from 2005-06, Sari expanded her background and knowledge on diversity and immigration through a series of experiences, including:
- Working in-house at a technology company as a human resources business partner
- Working in Tajikistan as a legal intern for the American Bar Association's Rule of Law Initiative
- Researching and writing about LGBT issues within asylum law for a Cambridge-based nonprofit
- Providing case support at the Department of Justice for prosecuting hate crimes
Sari is an avid triathlete, indoor cycling instructor and world traveler.