Technology & IP Transactions
Craig advises clients on technology and intellectual property transactions, with particular emphases on biotech, health care and medical technology, food and agriculture, retail and information technology. Craig works closely with clients in structuring, negotiating, drafting and analyzing complex technology and intellectual property agreements, including license agreements, joint development agreements, technology transfer, software license agreements (including application service provider (SaaS) arrangements), distribution, reseller and other commercial agreements, and complex outsourcing (including BPO and ITO), service and consulting transactions.
Craig serves as the lead IP and IT lawyer on M&A, private equity and financing transactions. He also counsels on all areas of intellectual property and assists clients with data privacy issues as they arise in a transaction.
Technical and Research Experience
Prior to and during law school, Craig obtained broad-based experience working with university technology transfer offices and emerging medical technology and information technology companies on intellectual property matters — including review of intellectual property portfolios and technology disclosures — as well as in business development, marketing and FDA compliance. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he conducted extensive research for prominent institutions in the areas of molecular biology, with a focus on DNA repair and cardiovascular physiology.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
University of Michigan Law School
J.D. magna cum laude (2007)
University of Notre Dame
B.S. cum laude, Dean's List (2001)
Insights & Events
- Managing the First Genetically Engineered Events to Go Off Patent
Co-moderator, 2016 Food & Agriculture National Conference, Faegre Baker Daniels, Indianapolis, May 2016
- IP Agreement Training for Client Technology Partnerships Department
Client Presentation, Spring 2015
Leadership & Community
- Advocates for Human Rights
- LegalCORPS Inventor Assistance Program
- Intellectual Property Owners Association — Licensing Committee
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association — IP Licensing Committee
Loan Repayment Assistance Program of Minnesota — Board Member
- Science Museum of Minnesota — Young Professional Advisory Council (Former Board Member)
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2012-13
- Dean's Award for Highest Achievement in Copyright Law and Management of Intellectual Property Assets
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.