With the perspective of a former law clerk in the Supreme Court of New Jersey and the federal district court in New Jersey, Larry defends employers in class and collective actions, whistleblower cases, and in non-compete, trade secret and other restrictive covenant disputes. Larry’s clerkships sharpened his legal research and writing skills, which have served him well in obtaining numerous dismissals at the trial level and in defending these victories at the appellate levels.
- Represented a global electronics company in a nationwide class and collective action brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company in a multi-plaintiff ERISA Section 510 action filed in the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, and affirmed by the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Served as lead counsel in injunction proceedings that achieved the dismissal of Lanham Act claims and ultimately achieved a favorable settlement on behalf of an employee
- Second-chaired an injunction hearing and gained a favorable settlement on behalf of an employer that included entering ongoing restrictions on the defendant former-employees’ ability to compete or solicit customers
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in a nationwide collective action brought by sales representatives under the FLSA
- First-chaired jury trial and obtained unanimous defense “no cause” verdict in New Jersey on behalf of non-profit agency
- Second-chaired trial in breach of contract action involving one of the nation’s leading bio-orthopedic companies
Larry is committed to the goal of helping clients eliminate litigation. He provides practical advice on:
- Federal and state wage and hour compliance
- Anti-discrimination and anti-harassment compliance
- Workplace privacy
- Layoffs and reductions in force
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Individual employment terminations
- Independent contractor issues
- Handbooks and internal company policies
- Severance agreements
- Employment contracts
Larry helps clients stay ahead of labor and employment challenges by contributing to Faegre Drinker’s LaborSphere blog. His articles include “The Restricting Covenant” series.
Larry drafts and negotiates documents involving executive compensation agreements, severance and separation agreements, waivers and releases, nondisclosure agreements, and indemnity agreements.
Larry and his wife are avid gardeners, and they enjoy time with their children at many of the Garden State’s beautiful arboretums, parks and hiking trails.