Jillian advises funds — including mutual, exchange-traded, closed-end and interval funds — and business development companies on complex issues related to the Investment Company Act of 1940 and other federal securities and general business laws. She assists clients with all aspects of the formation, operation, reorganization and liquidation of funds and fund complexes.
Independent Director Counsel
Jillian serves as the trusted adviser to independent directors of funds, providing counsel on corporate governance, fiduciary duties, best practices, risk management and other matters.
Adviser clients rely on Jillian for advice on issues related to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other federal securities and general business laws. She assists advisers on matters related to asset purchase and sale, fiduciary duties, best practices, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Advising funds and their boards, including in connection with internal and external reorganizations, Securities and Exchange Commission inspections, regulatory filings and compliance matters
- Advising investment advisers, including in connection with the supervision of sub-advisers, Securities and Exchange Commission inspections, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory filings and compliance programs
- Advising funds and advisers in connection with obtaining exemptive relief, including fund of funds relief, multi-manager funds relief, exchange traded fund relief, co-investment relief, multi-class relief and mixed and shared funding relief for insurance products
- Advising funds and advisers in connection with service provider and platform agreements
Jillian is an active participant in community theater in the Philadelphia area, acting in more than 15 productions in the past 10 years.
Cornell Law School
Insights & Events
- The Legal 500, Next Generation Lawyer, 2017−19
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.