Real Estate Acquisitions and Dispositions
Michael has deep experience with all aspects of complex real estate acquisitions and dispositions, including financing, like-kind exchanges and environmental issues. He also assists clients in creating and administrating sophisticated commercial condominium regimes.
Michael handles a wide variety of real estate leasing matters, including office, industrial, medical and ground lease transactions. He is particularly skilled in drafting and negotiating large, multifaceted build-to-suit lease transactions with complicated construction and approval issues and tight construction timelines and budgets. Michael also works on ancillary lease-related matters, including leasehold financing, subordination transactions and lien waiver issues.
Health Care and Educational Real Estate
Michael regularly assists health care and educational institutions with their real estate needs, including the acquisition, development and financing of classroom space, dormitories and health care facilities. These transactions often involve unique financing structures, such as public or private bond offerings.
- Represented landlord in the negotiation of a 750,000 square foot warehouse lease
- Represented purchaser in connection with the purchase and financing of a portfolio of 27 office and light industrial properties
- Represented developer in connection with the acquisition and assemblage of more than 150 acres of land and the simultaneous subdivision and sale of a portion of the property to be developed as a nationwide distribution facility
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition, redevelopment and leasing of 15 building corporate campus, including imposition and administration of a commercial condominium regime
- Represented investor in negotiation and implementation of a joint venture agreement relating to the acquisition and financing of a retail center
- Represented developer in connection with the ground lease and construction of 350 unit residential project on the campus of a public university
- Represent public charter school operator in connection with the acquisition, financing and leasing of numerous properties for use as public charter schools
Michael and his wife, Georgia, a writer and an accomplished equestrian, live in scenic Tewksbury, New Jersey, with their two daughters. Michael serves as treasurer for the Tewksbury Education Foundation, a nonprofit foundation working to enhance educational experiences and opportunities for students in the community. Michael also is a retired t-ball and travel soccer coach.