Patrick Miller partners with clients to maximize value in executing major projects in the ever-evolving construction industry. He leads the firm's construction law and real estate litigation group, as well as the firm's infrastructure team.
Patrick is experienced in public infrastructure, design-build and P3 procurement. He has extensive experience with heavy civil and highway construction, P3 projects, and real estate development.
He counsels clients in many industries, including renewable energy generation, electric vehicle infrastructure, railroads and public transportation, highways and bridges, health care, food and agriculture, and criminal justice.
Patrick also helps clients with real estate and construction disputes throughout the U.S. He is active in the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) and is one of few lawyers in the nation approved to teach DBIA’s Contracts and Risk course. He also co-chairs the Practicing Law Institute’s annual Building Better Construction Contracts CLE.
Related Policy, Advocacy & Consulting Services
Illinois Supreme Court
Indiana Supreme Court
Wisconsin Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Marquette University Law School
University of Wisconsin
Insights & Events
- Mind Your RFPs and RFQs: Avoiding Common Mistakes in Public Design-Build Procurement
Monticello, Quarterly Journal of the Jefferson Society, April 11, 2015
- P3: Water Supply Issues & Models for Successful Water Collaboration
Co-presenter, 2015 Water Conference, Faegre Baker Daniels, Indianapolis, 2015
- Design-Build Contracts and Risk
Design-Build Institute of American, Multiple Offerings Every Year
- 3rd Annual Development and Construction Summit
Moderator, Bisnow Chicago, 2015
- Current Issues in Sustainable Design and Construction
Halfmoon Education, 2013
- Illinois Construction Case Law Update
Faegre Baker Daniels Construction Seminar, 2013
Leadership & Community
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association — Forum on Construction Industry; Litigation Section: Construction Litigation Committee and Subcommittee on Damages (Co-Chair)
- Steppenwolf Theatre Corporate Council — Steering Committee
- Co-Office Leader, Chicago (2020-21)
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020-22
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2014-15
- Moot Court Executive Board
- Corporate Law Moot Court Competition — Coach and First-Place Overall Team, 2002; Participant, 2001
- National Health Law Moot Competition — Participant, 2001
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.