Nicole is experienced in acquisition finance, bridge capital call loans, subscription-lending and project finance transactions. She advises public and private companies and mezzanine, private equity and hedge funds in:
- Securing and refinancing senior credit facilities, both secured and unsecured
- Purchasing subordinated notes and warrants
- Making preferred equity investments in private companies
- Restructuring mezzanine loans into majority equity investments
- Securing financing for portfolio companies
- Investing in preferred equity and subordinated debt
M&A and Securities
Nicole advises on many aspects of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions. She represents public company clients in Securities Exchange Act reporting matters and has represented both public companies and underwriters in securities transactions, including repurchases of common stock and public offerings of securities.
Nicole advises both private and public companies in the food, agriculture, biofuels, renewable energy and medical device industries.
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)
Nicole is making an impact by helping public companies navigate the swiftly evolving ESG legal landscape, particularly as it relates to sustainability-linked loans and corporate responsibility initiatives and reporting requirements, including compliance with the SEC’s conflict minerals rules.
Clients seek Nicole for ESG guidance on:
- Sustainability-linked loans
- Conflict Minerals Reporting Requirements
- Green Loans
Public Policy Background
Prior to her practice of law, Nicole worked in the U.S. Senate Office of Byron L. Dorgan of North Dakota in Washington, D.C. as a legislative assistant for appropriations, small business and housing issues.