Prior to entering private practice, Jonathan served as corporate counsel to East Orange General Hospital and was a member of the hospital’s executive team. During his time at the hospital, Jonathan was heavily involved in the hospital’s acquisition by a for-profit entity, prepared physician employment and lease agreements, advised the hospital’s medical executive committee on credentialing and medical staff bylaw matters and oversaw the day-to-day legal operations of the hospital. Jonathan also served as secretary to the Board of Trustees of the hospital.
Jonathan previously served as a Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Joseph P. Quinn, Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Jonathan is also a New Jersey State Registered Pharmacist, and he previously worked as a pharmacist with a regional pharmacy chain.
- Represents clients in a variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations and contractual matters, including professional services agreements, management and administrative service arrangements and lease agreements within the health care industry
- Conducts due diligence reviews and advises hospitals and medical practices on strategic corporate transactions
- Prepares term sheets, operating agreements, joint venture agreements, purchase agreements and related ancillary documents in connection with health care transactions
- Counsels physician groups and physicians on clinical trial agreements, informed consent issues and fraud and abuse compliance
- Advises health care clients on the formation of holding companies, management services companies and captive practices to ensure compliance with corporate practice-of-medicine laws and regulations