- Mergers and Acquisitions — Represents operating companies, private equity firms and family offices in acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and other high-stakes business transactions.
- Corporate Finance — Advises clients in connection with seed and venture capital investments, mezzanine financing and commercial credit facilities.
- Economic Development — Advises clients on state and local economic incentive programs, including EDGE, training grants, property tax abatement and the creation of TIF districts.
- Entrepreneurship — Counsels emerging businesses on formation, employment issues, equity structure, licensing and intellectual property matters, and acquiring investments.
- Commercial — Advises clients on customer, vendor and other material contracts.
Indy M&A Leader
Jim is the founder and chair of Faegre Drinker's M&A Conference in Indianapolis, which is Indiana's largest M&A conference.
Jim acts as transaction and/or general outside counsel to over a half dozen companies with a top 10 U.S. and/or global market share in their respective industries.
Jim has experience counseling on strategic mergers and acquisitions in a broad range of industries, including industrials, food and agribusiness, information technology, consumer products, insurance and life sciences.