She assists with export compliance matters, including advising on export screening and classification, and filing license classification requests and voluntary disclosures with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). She has advised U.S.-headquartered multinationals, as well as foreign-based multinationals, on compliance with U.S. sanctions laws and the extraterritorial reach of U.S. export controls.
She also handles import compliance matters, including issues related to import valuation, tariff classification, free trade agreements, country of origin determination and marking and other import compliance areas. She has particular experience counseling and assisting clients with developing and implementing reconciliation programs, including identifying the required additions to values. In addition, she has advocated for her client’s preferred tariff classification in litigation in the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Mollie joins us from existing firm client Omron Management Center of America, where she was Import/Export Counsel. While in law school, Mollie worked for Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP as a paralegal for the customs and trade practice.
- Represented a flexible packaging manufacturer before the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Represented an importer of weather stations before the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Obtained beneficial classification rulings from CBP and BIS
- Obtained licenses from BIS and OFAC
- Developed import and export compliance procedures