Matt has defended cases from start to resolution in numerous venues and has handled appeals in Texas, California, Georgia and Arkansas, as well as in the United States Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits. He has experience handling cases in areas including commercial disputes, product liability, premises liability, subrogation, copyright and patent infringement, legal malpractice, employment disputes, and mass torts.
- Obtained defense verdict for large regional electrical services company in commercial dispute for alleged damages exceeding $2 million
- Defended schools and an educational research corporation in employment disputes over negligent hiring, training and supervision
- Counsel for international metals company in defense of premises liability claims stemming from construction work at facility
- Defended employment disputes on behalf of large corporations
- Represented Fortune 100 oil company in business dispute with a storage facility.Defended manufacturers of products including industrial equipment, paint and coatings, chemicals, and others in national litigation
Before going into private practice, Matt served as a briefing attorney in the chambers of Justice William J. Boyce of the Texas Fourteenth Court of Appeals, as well as an intern for the Honorable Sam R. Cummings of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.