Construction and Real Estate Disputes
Clients call on John to help manage and litigate a large variety of construction and other real estate-related disputes, including:
- Representing owners, general contractors and subcontractors in construction litigation matters involving domestic and international projects, including cases involving technical engineering issues, multimillion-dollar product defect claims, performance contract disputes, software disputes and other contract-related claims
- Commercial foreclosure/creditors’ rights actions involving loans secured by interests in commercial, industrial, multifamily residential and other properties, including hotels
- Zoning and development application disputes
John has extensive experience representing clients in major environmental litigation — including representing the primary defendant in one of the largest environmental lawsuits ever brought in the state of New Jersey. He represents clients in multiparty Superfund site disputes, soil and groundwater contamination cases and natural resource damages actions.
When companies face allegations by government authorities of natural resource damage or environmental contamination, John mitigates financial exposure and works to achieve the most favorable outcomes.
Clients also regularly engage John to assist in matters involving commercial contract disputes, Consumer Fraud Act claims and enforcement of the public’s right of access to government records under New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act (OPRA) and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
John is an avid runner and amateur vegan chef. He spends his free time hiking, biking and traveling with his family.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Hofstra University School of Law
J.D. Hofstra Labor & Employment Journal (2002)
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
John is a long-time attorney adviser to Habitat for Humanity of Burlington County and Greater Trenton-Princeton and provides ongoing advice on various mortgage and tenant-related issues.
- New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
- Middlesex County Bar Association (MCBA)