Mark serves as lead negotiator for management during collective bargaining and as counsel to employers in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the courts and in contract arbitrations. He also helps to manage responses to union organizing campaigns and represents employers in disputes related to the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and Labor Management Relations Act (LMRA).
Mark advises on and litigates all types of employment matters under local, state and federal laws, including:
- Title VII
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Whistleblower laws
- Restrictive covenants and trade secrets
- Section 1983 and the First Amendment
- Leading negotiations for a national research university in collective bargaining negotiations with faculty and support staff unions
- Representing a public utility in negotiations with a national utility union
- Representing a technology company in multi-jurisdictional actions involving disclosure of trade secrets
- Representing a national pharmaceutical distributor in a union organizing campaign
- Representing a major insurance company as part of a multi-jurisdictional defense team in a national FLSA class actions
When he’s not in the office, Mark is serving the Philadelphia community through leadership on nonprofit boards.