Beth manages immigration matters for Fortune 500 multinational companies as well as for medium- and small-sized public and private companies. She counsels clients on changes in government policy, including the heightened scrutiny on immigration matters with the transition to the Trump administration.
Beth manages all types of U.S. employment-based immigration matters. Through her many years of practice, she has worked on every type of work visa for many different occupations and industries, including H-1Bs, L-1s, TNs, H-3s, E-1s/E-2s/E-3s and O-1s, and advises employers on issues related to other nonimmigrant visa statuses, including B-1, F-1, J-1 and Conrad State Waivers for foreign physicians. Beth has specific expertise with O-1 business cases, F-1 STEM OPT issues and H-1B maintenance of status issues.
Beth has also handed all types of permanent residence (green card) cases, including PERM applications, multinational manager immigrant visa petitions, national interest waiver petitions, adjustment of status applications, advance parole applications, employment authorization applications, re-entry permit applications, and outstanding researcher and extraordinary ability permanent residence petitions. Her PERM expertise includes complex prevailing wage issues, not substantially comparable cases and filing appeals with BALCA.
As a senior lawyer on the team, Beth advises senior management and HR on:
- Complex H-1B issues, including H-1B cap-related issues and alternatives, H-1B portability, H-1B site visits and AC21 H-1B extension issues
- Developing immigration-related policies and procedures that outline company commitments and expectations for foreign national employees
- I-9 compliance issues, including E-Verify
- Global visa and compliance issues, including maintenance of permanent residence status for employees transferred overseas and related re-entry permit issues
- Employee terminations and layoffs with immigration consequences
Health Care Immigration
Beth provides leadership on health care immigration related matters, including:
- Working with the medical sector and foreign medical professionals to obtain employment
- Managing Conrad State 30 and FLEX 10 J-1 waiver applications, National Interest Waivers (NIWs), H-1B petitions, O-1 petitions and PERM applications for physicians and other health-care specialties
- Analyzing and advising health care clients on licensure, VisaScreen, cap-exempt affiliations, Schedule A nurses and other immigration issues specific to health care clients and their foreign national employees
Beth advises health care employers on important solutions for maintaining work authorization and status for these critically needed positions.