A long-standing adviser to lending institutions, Jill represents well-known national and regional banks that finance corporate expansions, capital investments and other business lending. Jill also represents corporate clients obtaining debt financing and is skilled at facilitating highly complex deals, including senior secured credit facilities, multicurrency and multinational acquisition credit facilities, private placements, and transactions with both equity and debt components. As counsel to borrowers, Jill works with private equity funds, retailers, service providers and manufacturing firms, navigating intercreditor issues, regulatory matters and unusual collateral challenges. With Faegre Drinker’s securities practitioners, Jill counsels both investment-grade and non-investment-grade companies through 144A offerings. Additionally, Jill represents lenders and borrowers in connection with the structuring and negotiation of ESOP-related finance transactions.
Workouts and Restructurings
Jill untangles complex corporate workout matters and debt restructurings, with a focus on intercreditor issues. She assists with debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing documentation and standalone letter of credit facilities for debtors-in-possession, as well as forbearance agreements and out-of-court restructuring arrangements.
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)
Clients come to Jill to steer through the fast-changing legal ESG landscape. Jill helps clients navigate the changes in financial markets related to ESG issues, including sustainability-linked credit facilities and other green initiatives impacting the market.
- Represented the issuer, a food distributor, in $1 billion private placement of debt instruments
- Represented the borrower, a beverage company, in a $400 million multi-currency, multinational, acquisition credit facility
- Represented the administrative agent in a $1.7 billion secured credit facility for an international medical devices company
- Represented the administrative agent in a senior secured credit facility for a regulated borrower with multiple layers of debt and equity financing
- Represented the administrative agent in a $240 million multi-currency, multinational acquisition facility
- Represented a borrower in a commercial paper back-up facility and related matters
- Represented the administrative agent in a $148 million ESOP financing arrangement in connection with the borrower's conversion to an ESOP-owned company
Jill and her husband are proud Philadelphians, residing in the house where Jill grew up. Jill is proud of her adult children and their careers in renewables investing, family counseling, microfinance and data science.