Kate also routinely works with insurers on compliance issues related to the administration of policies, with specific focus on lapse and contestability processes. She has represented insurers in a variety of coverage matters, including disability matters, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the defense of bad-faith claims.
Kate remains at the forefront of litigation issues facing insurers through her work with and participation in industry organizations, including the Association of Life Insurance Counsel and American Council of Life Insurers.
Before joining the firm, Kate served as a law clerk to Judge Morton I. Greenberg of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2005-06), and for the Supreme Court of New Jersey (2004-05).
- Summary judgment on behalf of defendant-insurer in dispute regarding alleged improper discrimination in underwriting, Kipp Wingo v. State Farm Life Insurance Company, Case No. CV2021-005309
- Summary judgment on behalf of defendants in dispute concerning lapse of long term care insurance policy, Peter Paluch v. CUNA Mutual Group et al., Docket No. BER-L-005441-20
- Dismissal of claims concerning improper designation of beneficiary, Piantone, et al. v. Estate of Paul Godlewski, et al., No. 2015-28114 (Montgomery County, PA)
- Reversal of jurisdictional dismissal based on absence of allegations concerning identity of members of LLC defendants, Lincoln Benefit Life Co. v. AEI Life, LLC, et al., No. 14-2660 (3d Cir.)
- Summary judgment in favor of insurer regarding lapse of insurance policy, Elhouty v. Lincoln Benefit Life Company, No. 14-00676 (E.D. Cal.)
- Dismissal of bad faith claim and summary judgment in favor of insurer on breach of contract claim related to misstatement of age and age adjustment, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Lincoln Benefit Life Company, No. 13-2890 (N.D. Ga.)
- Jury verdict in favor of insurer regarding lapsed life insurance policy, Madick v. Allstate Life Insurance Company of New York, No. 11-9214 (C.D. Cal.)
- Summary judgment in favor of insurer in STOLI case, Penn Mut. Life Ins. Co. v. Greatbanc Trust Co., 887 F. Supp. 2d 822 (N.D. Ill. 2012)
Kate lives in Moorestown, New Jersey. She enjoys spending time with her husband and four young children.