Elizabeth Peterson solves clients’ construction and real estate litigation challenges.
Before joining the firm, Elizabeth was an associate at SmithAmundsen LLC, where she developed and executed litigation strategy for complex construction, products liability, and retail litigation matters in state and federal courts. While at SmithAmundsen, Elizabeth conducted and defended depositions, drafted and argued a variety of dispositive motions, and represented clients in all phases of litigation.
During law school, Elizabeth served as an extern in the Notre Dame Athletic Department and as the executive articles editor of the Journal of College and University Law. She also gained additional legal experience working for the Notre Dame Legal Aid Clinic where she provided legal services to low-income clients in consumer law matters as well as assisted clients in applying for 501(c)(3) status.
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Notre Dame Law School
J.D. cum laude, The Journal of College and University Law (executive articles editor) (2014)
University of Notre Dame
B.A. in Political Science and Sociology, Alpha Kappa Delta (International Sociology Honor Society) (2011)
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
- Chicago Bar Association — Commercial Litigation Section; Education Law Section
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Catholic Lawyers Guild of Chicago
- Notre Dame Club of Chicago — Board of Governors
- Best Lawyers® — "Ones to Watch," Litigation - Real Estate, 2023
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020-21
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2019
- Illinois Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2019-20
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.