Steven represents publicly held companies such as Archer-Daniels-Midland-Company, Hawkins, Inc., Piper Sandler Companies, Polaris Industries and Winnebago Industries. He also represents several larger private companies and technology-focused emerging growth companies. Steven also advises several private equity firms on their portfolio company investments.
Steven represents buyers and sellers in public and private merger and acquisition transactions. Representative matters include:
- Representation of Miromatrix Medical in its merger with United Therapeutics
- Representation of Melax Technologies on its sale to Intelligent Medical Objects
- Representation of Tolmar Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of the assets of Clarus Therapeutics in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale
- Representation of ACI on its sale to Soundcore Capital Partners
- Representation of Northern Pacific Group on its investment in ThermaSolutions
- Representation of Pineapple Energy in its merger with Communications Systems
- Representation Buffalo Wild Wings on its sale to Arby's Restaurant Group
- Representation of Zimmer Biomet on its acquisition of Medtech S.A., a French public company
- Representation of Responsive Orthopedics on its sale to Medtronic, Inc.
Steven spent two years in the middle of his career as general counsel of Dantis, Inc., an internet infrastructure company owned by Madison Dearborn and Norwest Equity Partners. Steven began his legal career at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York and was previously an auditor with Arthur Andersen in Washington, D.C.