Sara engenders a great deal of trust through her responsiveness and her determination to go the distance in resolving matters according to each client’s objectives. Prior to joining the firm, she served as national discovery counsel for a Fortune 500 company and is skilled at navigating complex, sensitive discovery issues.
One of Sara’s most rewarding professional experiences comes from her pro bono work. Sara’s retention in a particular matter made her realize her performance can be life-changing for the client. As a member of the Women’s Leadership Committee, Sara advocated for her firm’s partnership in supporting the summer debate institutes at the University of Texas at Dallas, her alma mater, and made a lead gift to establish the Drinker Biddle Women in Debate Scholarship aimed at attracting, retaining and advancing women’s participation in high school debate. Sara was a member of the UT Dallas debate team, and was the first woman and minority qualifier to the National Debate Tournament from UT Dallas.
While Sara considers Pensacola, Florida, her hometown, as the daughter of a Navy intelligence officer she has lived in many places, including her mother’s hometown of Seoul, South Korea. This diverse experience made Sara adaptable, flexible, and self-disciplined ─characteristics of immense value in her practice of law.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Law of the Sea Certificate Science and Technology Law Review - Notes Editor (2011)
The University of Texas at Dallas
B.A. cum laude (2008)
Insights & Events
Firm Blog Contributions
- LTCi Summit – a forum dedicated to a range of issues impacting the long-term care insurance community, including litigation, regulation and public policy
Leadership & Community
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- University of Texas at Dallas Debate Alumni Association
- University of Texas at Dallas Hobson Wildenthal Honors College Debate Scholarship Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP — Women’s Leadership Committee, Dallas Associate representative
- Chambers USA — Texas, Insurance, “Attorneys to Watch,” 2022
- Best Lawyers® — "Ones to Watch," Insurance Law, 2022-23
- Chambers USA — Texas, Insurance, “Associates to Watch,” 2021
- Texas Lawyer — “On the Rise,” 2021
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.