Government Contracts and Fraud Litigation
Jack litigates government contract and fraud cases against the government and regularly represents government contractors and subcontractors before the Boards of Contract Appeals, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and federal and state courts, as well as in in suspension and debarment and arbitration proceedings. He represents contractors protesting or defending the award of contracts before the Court of Federal Claims, the Government Accountability Office, the Federal Aviation Administration’s Office of Dispute Resolution for Acquisitions, federal agencies and state forums.
Government Contracts Compliance and Internal Investigations
Jack guides clients in compliance with solicitations, contracts, regulations, and civil and criminal statutes applicable to government contracts. He drafts and reviews corporate compliance programs for government contractors, and conducts internal investigations of contract, civil and criminal law compliance by government contractors, including allegations of fraud, government security violations, employee kickback schemes, theft of corporate and government property, organizational conflicts of interest, and violations of import and export laws.
White Collar Defense
A distinguished trial lawyer, Jack represents companies and employees in the government contract industry and other highly regulated businesses. He has defended individuals and companies against criminal allegations under the:
- False Claims Act, 18 U.S.C. § 287
- False Statements Act, 18 U.S. Code § 1001
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. § 78dd-1
- Conflict of Interest laws, 18 U.S.C. § 207, §208
- Bribery and Gratuities laws, 15 U.S.C § 201
- Lacey Act, 15 U.S.C. 3373
- Aircraft Parts Fraud laws, 18 U.S. Code § 38
- Federal Election Campaign Act, 52 U.S.C. § 30109
Jack has defended cases before federal and state grand juries and courts, and has argued appeals before the Federal and District of Columbia Courts of Appeals.
- Catholic University of America, The Busch School of Business and Economics — Adjunct Professor, Government Contract Law, 2010 - present
- Georgetown University Law Center – Adjunct Professor, Government Contract Law, 2018 - present