Additionally, Kelley regularly works with nonprofit health systems and other nonprofit clients, which arms her with a strong understanding of the unique issues facing tax-exempt entities.
Kelley has particular depth in dialysis and vascular access transactions and also routinely collaborates with consultants from the dialysis and vascular access group within the firm’s subsidiary, Innovative Health Strategies LLC. In this work, she assists hospitals, health systems and physician groups in divestitures and joint ventures involving dialysis programs and/or vascular access centers. She has represented a wide range of hospitals and physician groups in numerous strategic transactions involving dialysis and vascular access programs. She also helps negotiate acute dialysis services contracts and medical director agreements.
- Represented a wide range of hospitals and physician groups in 50+ strategic transactions involving dialysis and vascular access programs
- Represented a nonprofit health system in Pennsylvania in connection with its system affiliation with another regional health system
- Represented a nonprofit health system in Pennsylvania in connection with its acquisition of a health plan
- Represented a children’s hospital in connection with its system affiliation with another children’s hospital
- Represented a nonprofit managed care organization in its acquisition of a provider of care coordination, professional clinical staffing and quality improvement services
- Represented a nonprofit organization in connection with its merger into another nonprofit organization
- Represented an urgent care company in connection with a broad cross-section of corporate and regulatory matters, including but not limited to its acquisitions and joint ventures
- Represented a nonprofit health system in Washington State on the sale of substantially all of its assets to a for-profit health system
- Represented a nonprofit community hospital in New Jersey on the acquisition of a free-standing imaging center and on the restructuring of its cardiology relationship
- Represented two different nonprofit community hospitals in Pennsylvania in connection with their respective strategic affiliations with other nonprofit health care systems
- Represented a nonprofit community hospital in Montana in the sale of its dialysis center, the formation of its joint ventures, the implementation of its physician alignment strategies through medical practice acquisitions, and employment arrangements
- Represented a consumer-driven health plan in its sale to a publicly traded commercial health benefits company
- Represented a diagnostic imaging company in connection with its acquisitions and dispositions of diagnostic imaging centers
- Represented a hospital management company in connection with the negotiation of its management agreements
- Represented a health care trade association in its negotiation of a joint venture with a privately held conference manager to own and operate the annual trade show
When she is not working, Kelley enjoys spending time with her husband and three children. Kelley spends much of her free time volunteering at her children’s school and attending her children’s sporting events and performances.