Stark and Anti-Kickback Final Rules
The Regulatory Sprint Crosses the Finish Line
Please join the Faegre Drinker health care practice for two webinars that will dive into the recent changes to the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute regulations. You have the option to register for each individual webinar during the registration process.
Session One: December 15 – Stark and AKS Final Rules
This session features a deep dive into the most significant changes, clarifications and additions to the Stark and Antikickback rules, other than the new Value-Based Payment Exceptions, which will be the topic of focus in Session Two. Highlights include a discussion of the new exception for limited remuneration to a physician, the new definition for “commercially reasonable,” clarifications to other key Stark concepts and changes to commonly used Stark exceptions. This session will also include a discussion of new or revised Anti-Kickback Statute safe harbors, such as the new safe harbor for patient engagement and support, the donation of cybersecurity technology and revisions to other commonly used safe harbors.
Download a PDF presentation of Session One.
Session Two: December 17 – Value-Based Arrangements
This session will focus on the new Stark exceptions and Anti-Kickback Statute safe harbors relating to value-based arrangements. Requirements relating to arrangements involving no financial risk, some financial risk and full financial risk will be reviewed, as well as new safe harbors for providers participating in CMS-sponsored models and Accountable Care Organization beneficiary incentive programs.
Download a PDF presentation of Session Two.
Have a scheduling conflict? Register for the live events, and we’ll send you the on-demand recording shortly after the broadcast dates.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Lindsey Merek or call +1 317 237 1289.
Related Legal Services
- Session One Presentation – Stark and AKS Final Rules
- Session Two Presentation – Value-Based Arrangements
- Sweeping Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Final Rules Published
- New Stark Exceptions Mark Shift to Value-Based Care
- Revised EHR Donation Rule Published
- CMS Overhauls Stark Law Regulations as Part of Regulatory Sprint to Coordinated Care
- Patient Engagement Tools and Supports: Analysis of the New Anti-Kickback Statute Regulatory Safe Harbor
- OIG Revises Local Transportation Safe Harbor
- HHS OIG Expands the Warranties Safe Harbor to the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Stark Law Final Rule: Changes to Group Practice Definition May Affect Compensation Plans
- OIG Issues Final Rule Regarding the Exception for the Provision of Telehealth Technologies for In-Home Dialysis