Intellectual Property Counsel and Strategy
Rob’s multidisciplinary approach to IP strategy matches the increasingly collaborative nature of client innovation and spans patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and trade dress. Rob primarily represents clients in domestic and foreign patent prosecution, litigation, and software and technology licensing. He also works with large retailers on branding initiatives and with consumer product companies on packaging design.
Rob frequently shepherds patent and licensing matters related to mechanical and electromechanical devices, material and system processing, manufacturing operations, medical devices and procedures, computer and internet technologies, and the design and manufacture of aircraft structures, propulsion systems and flight controls.
Rob spent 10 years as an engineer with Fairchild Republic Company, where he worked on fixed-wing military aircraft, and with Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, where he worked on both civilian and military helicopters.
Recent M&A Deals
- Represented Legrand North America in its acquisition of Raritan, Inc.
- Represented Spectronics Corporation acquisition of H&I Manufacturing
- Represented Graham Partners in the acquisition of numerous portfolio companies
- Represented Urban Outfitters in acquisition of Vetri restaurants
- Represented Chelsea Building Products in patent litigation involving window frames
- Represented Urban Outfitters in various trademark enforcement actions worldwide
Rob enjoys anything outdoors, including cycling, skiing and hiking.