Energy and Environmental Policy
Josh has worked extensively on energy and environmental policy related to issues including:
- Federal incentives and tax policy, including a successful effort to ensure that renewable energy incentives incorporated private sector technological advances.
- Energy efficiency and renewable electricity production.
- Climate change.
Josh’s experience in this space enables him to advise clients on any number of federal incentives established for energy and fuel production and the environmental regulations that govern the same. Josh advocates for clients before agencies including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Departments of Agriculture and Energy.
Insurance and Financial Services Policy
Josh has worked on a wide range of regulatory reform issues facing the insurance and financial services industry. He keeps clients informed on the ongoing debate over regulatory restructuring and helps them design, prepare and execute advocacy campaigns on Capitol Hill.
Food and Agribusiness
Josh also works in the food and agribusiness space, where he advises clients on food labeling and other issues before Congress.
Prior to joining Faegre Drinker Consulting, Josh spent three years as a legislative assistant in the Office of Rep. Anna Eshoo (CA-14), where he advised on domestic issues including tax policy, housing, education and banking. He also spent three years working for Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) on issues including defense, trade and foreign relations, while helping to staff Senator Boxer for her work on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Related Policy, Advocacy & Consulting Services
B.A. in Political Science and Business Management (2000)
Insights & Events
- How Congress Is Addressing Employment Visa Backlog
Law360, July 8, 2022
- Progress and Priorities in Trump's First 100 Days
Guest, Notice & Comment: Faegre Baker Daniels Environmental Podcast, May 3, 2017
- Will Climate Change Heat Up in 2013?
Co-author, Indiana Manufacturers Association Environment & Energy Forum, February 2013
- Save a Watt? — Meeting the Challenges of a Sustainable Energy Future
Green Street Institute, Indianapolis, September 2009
- Money, Jobs and Business Opportunities in the Economic Stimulus Package
Indiana Chamber of Commerce, Indianapolis, May 2009
Firm Blog Contributions
- LaborSphere – a resource providing coverage and insights on breaking cases, recently enacted legislation and a broad range of labor issues
- LTCi Summit – a forum dedicated to a range of issues impacting the long-term care insurance community, including litigation, regulation and public policy
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award, 2014
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.