Angela defends employers in federal and state court litigation and advocates for them in administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), state and local civil rights commissions, and the Indiana Worker's Compensation Board.
Angela represents employers in cases involving allegations of:
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environment
- Discriminatory pay
- Wage and hour violations
- Whistleblower and retaliation
At each stage of litigation, Angela develops effective strategies while remaining cost-conscious. Where early resolution has not been possible, Angela has successfully dismissed lawsuits on summary judgment, including in cases alleging unequal pay, discrimination and retaliation.
Recognizing an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Angela collaborates with employers on personnel actions, best practices, and legal compliance, including:
- Advising on the use of workplace drug and alcohol testing, background checks, ban the box and social media issues
- Developing and maintaining personnel policies and handbooks
- Investigating allegations of discrimination or harassment, including systemic discrimination in pay and promotions
- Counseling clients on proper employment procedures related to hiring, discipline and termination, as well as on managing leave and disability claims
- Training management and front-line supervisors on topics ranging from social media in the workplace and investigations to EEO compliance and leave and disability laws
Angela is passionate about employment law, and helping others stay on top of the latest developments. She enjoys sharing her knowledge with professional organizations and human resources groups, and regularly writes on a variety of employment topics. In addition, she is a contributing editor of the "Age Discrimination in Employment Law" treatise published by Bloomberg Law.
Angela has a "need for speed" and has competed in sanctioned motorsports racing for over 15 years.