Employment Law Compliance
Angela is passionate about employment law and helping employers stay on top of the latest developments affecting their workforce. Employers look to Angela for guidance on compliance with federal, state and local laws surrounding a variety of workplace issues including:
- Guiding employers through disability accommodations and leaves of absence.
- Planning for and executing workforce restructurings, including risk mitigation and compliance with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
- Advising on the use of workplace drug and alcohol testing, background checks and social media in making employment decisions.
- Developing and maintaining personnel policies and handbooks to comply with a patchwork of laws across multiple jurisdictions.
- Investigating allegations of wrongful conduct, discrimination or harassment.
- Training supervisors and human resources professionals on EEO compliance and proper procedures related to hiring, discipline and termination.
Angela enjoys sharing her knowledge with professional organizations and human resources groups, and regularly writes on a variety of employment topics. Additionally, she serves as a contributing editor of the "Age Discrimination in Employment Law" treatise published by Bloomberg Law.
Angela brings a depth of experience to defend employers in federal and state courts as well as administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Department of Labor (DOL), as well as state and local civil rights agencies.
Angela represents employers in cases involving allegations of:
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environment
- Wage and hour violations
- Breach of contract
At each stage of litigation, Angela develops effective strategies while remaining cost-conscious. When early resolution has not been possible, Angela has successfully dismissed lawsuits on summary judgment, including in cases alleging discrimination and retaliation.
Angela draws upon nearly two decades of experience supporting clients as an attorney and in other law firm positions prior to attending law school. She served as a summer associate and a law clerk at legacy Faegre before becoming an associate.
Angela has been a lifelong classic car enthusiast and motorsports participant. She also enjoys photographing wildlife in her free time.