Faegre Drinker announced today the promotion of 17 lawyers to the firm’s partnership, effective Jan. 1, 2021. An international group, 15 of the new partners are based in offices across the United States, with two working in the firm’s London office.
“In a year of firsts for our newly combined firm, this first partner class is a high point. We are proud to welcome these talented lawyers to our partnership,” said Faegre Drinker Co-Chairs Tom Froehle and Andrew Kassner in a joint statement. “This class reflects our global focus, commitment to diversity and inclusion, and emphasis on providing excellent client service. We congratulate these future leaders of our firm.”
The inaugural partner class reflects Faegre Drinker’s focus on key industry sectors and services. Five of the new partners advise clients on finance and restructuring matters. Four are business litigators. Three guide companies facing product liability and mass torts actions. Two assist with a broad spectrum of corporate issues. The group also includes a new partner focused on health care, one who handles intellectual property issues, and one with an emphasis on investment management.
New partners’ geography spans nearly half of Faegre Drinker’s 21 locations, representing nine offices in the U.S. and one of the firm’s international offices. Eight of the promotions are in the Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota); six are in the Mid-Atlantic region (Delaware, District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York); one is in the Southwest (Texas); and two are in the United Kingdom (London).
The class also exemplifies Faegre Drinker’s efforts to further develop, promote and retain a diverse and inclusive partnership, with more than 40 percent reflecting diversity in terms of race, gender and sexual orientation. In September, Diversity Lab recognized Faegre Drinker as a Mansfield Certified Plus firm – one of the “trailblazing law firms” that demonstrated meaningful progress in creating diverse leadership teams and developing diverse pipelines to leadership.
New partners for 2021 are:
- Ian Bambrick; Finance & Restructuring; Wilmington, DE
- Wayne Beck; Finance & Restructuring; London, U.K.
- Doriann Cain; Health Care; Indianapolis, IN
- Michael Carroll; Product Liability & Mass Torts; Des Moines, IA
- Tore DeBella; Intellectual Property; Washington, D.C.
- Jack Frost Jr.; Product Liability & Mass Torts; Florham Park, NJ
- Mike Gustafson; Finance & Restructuring; Chicago, IL
- Jamie Helman; Business Litigation; Florham Park, NJ
- Jude Hickland; Business Litigation; Dallas, TX
- Eli Isaacs; Corporate; Indianapolis, IN
- Brian Jacobson; Investment Management; Minneapolis, MN
- Buvini Kularatne; Finance & Restructuring; London, U.K.
- Lauren Linderman; Business Litigation; Minneapolis, MN
- Alexander Meiseles; Corporate; New York, NY
- Brian Morgan; Finance & Restructuring; New York, NY
- Michael Sawers; Business Litigation; Minneapolis, MN
- Shannon Sole; Product Liability & Mass Torts; Des Moines, IA
Faegre Drinker launched global operations, effective Feb. 1 of this year, the result of the combination of Faegre Baker Daniels, an international law firm with deep roots in the Midwest, and Drinker Biddle & Reath, a full-service national law firm with storied mid-Atlantic origins. The merger brought together more than 1,300 attorneys, consultants and professionals in 21 locations in the United States, London and Shanghai.
Download the full release.