Ian Bambrick is a seasoned restructuring practitioner who has guided a wide range of clients through their reorganizations and the chapter 11 process. With a unique breadth of experience as counsel to debtors, lenders, ad hoc lender and noteholder groups, and independent directors in chapter 11 proceedings and out of court restructurings, he approaches each representation from a practical perspective with the know-how to craft solutions to complex issues. Ian is also active in the area of cross-border insolvencies, having represented a number of foreign companies and foreign representatives in their chapter 15 proceedings.
Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring
Ian represents clients in complex business restructurings and reorganizations, both in and out of court, and in related mergers and acquisitions. He serves clients as a primary point of contact on their restructurings, developing overall strategy and managing all aspects of the restructuring process, including pre-filing preparations, general case administration, plan and sale negotiations and preparation, and claims administration.
Ian is intimately familiar with the cross-border insolvency process, having been directly involved in numerous chapter 15 proceedings.
Services & Industries
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Washington and Lee University
B.A. magna cum laude (2003)
Insights & Events
- Ian Bambrick, Electricity Under Escalera, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Vol. XXXVI, No. 6 (June 2017)
- Patrick Jackson & Ian Bambrick, Debunking the Perceived Conflict Between §§ 365(h) and 363(f), ABI Journal, Vol. XXXIII, No. 10 (October 2014)
Leadership & Community
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Delaware Commission on Law and Technology – Associate Member (appointed by the Delaware Supreme Court)
- Chambers USA — Delaware, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, "Up and Coming" Lawyer, 2022
- Best Lawyers® — "Ones to Watch," Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021-23
- Participant in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges’ 2019 Next Generation Program (NextGen)
- Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars, Bankruptcy: Business, 2020