Health Care Antitrust
John advises clients — such as health systems and hospitals — on proposed transactions with potential antitrust implications, including:
- Assessing potential competitive effects of proposed transactions
- Information exchange during negotiations and transition planning for mergers, acquisitions or other significant transactions
- Pre-merger notification under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act
- Responding to civil investigative demands (CIDs) and government subpoenas
- M&A investigations and litigation
John also defends a number of class action cases with a wide variety of claims, including issues arising under federal and state antitrust laws, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
While in law school, John was a judicial intern for the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, Camden. Prior to entering law school, John worked as a history teacher for Henrico County Public Schools in Virginia.