Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Mike represents clients in the full range of employee benefit and executive/physician compensation matters, including:
- Designing and implementing tax-qualified retirement plans
- Working with retirement plan sponsors and their internal/administrative committees to understand and implement best practices with respect to fiduciary/governance oversight
- Designing, implementing and funding executive compensation plans
- Addressing health and welfare plan design, compliance and operational issues
- Advising clients regarding the classification of workers as independent contractors or employees
- Advising clients regarding the employee benefit arrangements for executives and physicians of tax-exempt organizations.
Mike is a recognized authority on health care executive and provider compensation. He is a co-founder of the HR/Hospital Advisory Board, an invitation-only network of human resources professionals in the health care provider space, which holds regular roundtables to discuss emerging industry trends. He co-hosts Healthcare Executive and Provider Compensation, an annual two-day conference that explores the effectiveness of executive and provider compensation strategies in the rapidly evolving health care marketplace.