The immigrant petitions Rob prepares include:
- Extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher, multinational manager or executive, and national interest waiver petitions
- PERM applications
- Adjustment of status, advance parole, and employment authorization applications
Past Immigration Experience
While in law school, Rob clerked at a Chicago law firm, where he prepared J-1 interested government agency waiver applications and extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher/professor, national interest waiver and O-1 visa petitions for scientists and physicians.
Before law school, Rob worked as a case manager and legal/technical writer for a Chicago law firm. His work in this position included:
- Creating and developing models and legal approaches for employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visa petitions
- Composing persuasive letters in support of extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher/professor, national interest and O-1 visa petitions
- Preparing employment and family-based adjustment of status and naturalization applications
During law school, Rob served as a legal extern with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of the Chief Counsel — Chicago, where he researched and wrote appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals and motions in cases pending before the Immigration Court. Rob also served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Rebecca R. Pallmeyer in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Rob is an avid musician and plays bassoon with a local community orchestra.