Tore manages trademark portfolios through the entire brand life cycle – from selection and adoption of a brand through registration and enforcement. He manages portfolios of all sizes, both domestic and international, and is accustomed to working closely with clients to develop cost-effective brand strategies.
When matters turn contentious, Tore handles cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and in federal courts. His litigation experience spans a wide range of intellectual property and IP-adjacent subject areas, including trademark and copyright infringement, anti-counterfeiting, anti-cybersquatting, computer fraud and abuse, and more.
Tore also regularly helps clients navigate the complex legal landscape governing sweepstakes, contests and other types of consumer promotions that are increasingly taking place in digital and social media contexts. He counsels clients on marketing campaigns to help identify regulatory and other risks related to false advertising, claim substantiation and third-party intellectual property.
- Represents descendants of renowned oceanographer in complex multi-jurisdictional challenge to use their common surname
- Represented Native American petitioners seeking cancellation of the federal trademark registrations used by the Washington, D.C. professional football team in landmark litigation covered by national and regional news sources
- Represented global musical instrument manufacturer in litigation regarding the shapes and names of iconic guitars popularized by the Rolling Stones and other rock ‘n roll icons
- Assisted the government of a U.S. state in acquiring domain names belonging to its emergency management agency from overseas cybersquatters
- Handled daily brand clearance, management, enforcement and promotions matters for the largest retailer-owned supermarket cooperative in the United States
Break dance, martial arts, tennis, (masquerading at) golf, popular science and technology, and almost anything outdoors.