He routinely represents lenders and borrowers with all aspects of their construction and permanent financing needs. Reuben is well-versed in negotiating loan documents, spearheading the relevant due diligence, and guiding the parties to a smooth and successful loan closing. Moreover, he understands that the lending relationship continues long after the loan closes, and clients appreciate his negotiation skills and sensible demeanor.
Reuben has significant experience in representing landlords and tenants in leasing matters, particularly in the office and retail space. He understands the issues, provides practical guidance, and expeditiously brings the negotiations to closure.
He also advises clients on a range of zoning-related matters in the City of Philadelphia, helping them through the permitting, approvals, appeals and violation resolution processes.
Reuben grew up in Tucson, Arizona, and attended The Gregory School (previously known as St. Gregory College Preparatory School). Before law school, he was an analyst in the Counter Narcotics Division at the Office of Naval Intelligence in Washington, D.C. He currently lives in Center City Philadelphia, with his wife and three children.
- Represented a national multifamily developer in the $25 million acquisition of real estate located in the downtown of a major East Coast city
- Represented a national industrial developer in the $40 million sale of a 400,000 square foot industrial facility
- Represented a national retailer in the acquisition of a 90-acre parcel adjacent to a well-known entertainment venue
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in connection with the sales of numerous shopping malls and outparcels
- Represented an insurance company with the sale of its hotel/conference center and associated golf course and clubhouse
- Represented a prestigious university in connection with the acquisition of real estate directly adjacent to campus and the construction of a mixed-use building
- Represented a REIT borrower in connection with its $200 million refinancing of a 50-story skyscraper in the heart of a major Midwest city
- Represented a life insurance company in connection with its $255 million loan to the owner of a large multifamily/office/retail development anchored by prominent retail and office users
- Represented a life insurance company in connection with its $115 million loan to the owner of a premier, upscale outlet mall
- Represented an international bank in connection with its $65 million construction loan for a 301-unit multifamily property
- Represented a major communications company in connection with its leases for the nationwide expansion of its retail store concept
- Represented a regional health system with the leasing of critical office space
- Represented a national developer in connection with obtaining the requisite permits and approvals for the development of an industrial facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania