Laura advises clients on sophisticated restructurings, including those in connection with:
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Distressed investment opportunities
- Section 363 sales
- UCC Article 9 sales
- Consensual foreclosures
- Event-driven acquisitions
She has experience representing clients in many industries, including:
- Financial services
- Health care and related services
- Senior living facilities
In addition, Laura counsels clients with respect to issues surrounding municipal distress and insolvency.
Laura served a clerkship with the Honorable Victor J. Wolski, of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Prior to attending law school, she was a legislative assistant and director of correspondence for U.S. Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald (Ret.).
- Represented secured lender and debtor-in-possession financier in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and acquisition of a coal company.
- Represented securities industry association in drafting and filing amicus briefs with the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in relation to Title III proceedings of Puerto Rico and its instrumentalities.
- Represented ad hoc bondholder group in connection with Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented indenture trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding involving a nonprofit entity leading to the restructuring and reissuance of underlying conduit bond financing.
- Represented a bondholder in the restructuring of a bond transaction through a conduit issuer involving a non-profit entity.
- Represented purchasers of senior living facilities in section 363 auction processes.
- Represented a potential purchaser in a section 363 auction involving a global chemical company that was a debtor in a Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Represented financial institutions and indenture trustees in complex Chapter 11 proceedings, including with respect to appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Represented creditors in connection with sewer debt before and during the Chapter 9 filing by Jefferson County, Alabama.