The immigration and global mobility team at Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath is delighted to invite you to a free webinar: “Breaking News: Hot Topics in Global and U.S. Immigration.” This webinar is a 60-minute, informal session, where our speakers will provide information on hot topics in U.S. and global immigration, including an update on Brexit and considerations for the electronic registration program for H-1B cap visas scheduled to start on March 1. Please join us as we discuss the following topics and more:
- Immediate post-Brexit immigration: U.K., Ireland and the European Union
- Future U.K. immigration system
- Immediate post-Brexit immigration update: Protection for U.K. nationals in the EU
- H-1B cap updates, including the most recent information on electronic registration
- DOL updates: PERM, FLAG and more
- New travel ban expansion effective February 21, 2020
- Implementation of public charge rule on February 24, 2020
- New Form I-9
- Increase in I-9 audits leading to worksite investigations and the impact on business
- Other government investigations: USCIS FDNS, DOJ IER and DOL
- Grab bag – other miscellaneous hot topics that come up!
This fast-paced session will discuss these and other important immigration hot topics as we start 2020. Please bring your questions on these crucial immigration issues.
Have a scheduling conflict? Register for the live event, and we'll send you the on-demand recording shortly after the broadcast date.
An application for CLE credit will be submitted in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. The program will also be submitted to the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for continuing education credit review. Please note that no credit is guaranteed until approval is received.