Capital Markets Transactions
Ryan advises issuers, underwriters, placement agents, venture capital firms and investors in public and private offerings and other capital-raising transactions. He has:
- Represented underwriters in initial and follow-on public offerings of securities for issuers across industries
- Represented placement agents in private investments in public equity (PIPEs) and registered direct offerings (RDOs)
- Represented venture capital firms, strategic investors and issuers in emerging company investments and venture capital financings
- Represented issuers in public offerings and private placements of securities
- Represented public companies in going-private transactions, tender offers, accelerated stock repurchases, public exchange offers and other security purchase programs
Securities Regulation & Corporate Governance
Ryan helps public companies with SEC periodic reporting requirements, proxy regulation, stock exchange listing standards, trading and disclosure issues, investor relations and corporate governance matters. Ryan also advises private companies on corporate governance and disclosure matters.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Ryan advises buyers and sellers in domestic and international M&A transactions. He also has experience advising investment banks in their role as financial advisors in various merger, acquisition and financing transactions.
Ryan counsels emerging companies and startups on general corporate matters, including contract preparation and negotiation, corporate governance, financing issues, restructurings, and ongoing strategic and transactional matters.
During law school, Ryan interned with the International Institutions and Global Governance Program at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, New York.