Danny Lewallen helps clients navigate complex transactions and regulations in an ever-changing insurance regulatory landscape. Danny is heavily engaged with the insurance group's government relations and public policy activities. From meeting with regulators to staying on top of the latest state and federal developments, Danny strives to ensure that clients are up-to-date on emerging issues and are able to accomplish their business goals.
His experience includes advising clients on various regulatory and transactional issues, including:
- Reinsurance transactions.
- Form A and other insurance holding company system issues.
- Corporate governance requirements.
- Guaranty association coverage issues.
- Strategic engagement on NAIC processes and state law developments.
- Mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations of insurers.
During law school, Danny served as a legal extern for the Honorable Sarah Evans Barker in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana and a summer associate at Faegre Baker Daniels. He also served as a clerk with the firm's insurance group.
Danny enjoys travel (particularly in search of good weather and great food), college basketball and reading (mostly political non-fiction).
Services & Industries
Related Policy, Advocacy, and Consulting Services
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
J.D. summa cum laude, Indiana Law Review (note development editor) (2014)
B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude (2011)
Insights & Events
- Follow the Leader: Why All States Should Remove Minimum Employee Thresholds in Antidiscrimination Statutes
Indiana Law Review, Volume 47, Issue 3
Leadership & Community
- Clemency Project Volunteer
- Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic — DACA and Refugee Adjustment Day Volunteer
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- United Way of Central Indiana — Emerging Leaders Member
- American Property Casualty Insurance Association — Emerging Leader, 2022
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2015-17