Minnesota Condemnation, Eminent Domain and Land Acquisition
Robin began her practice with the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office, where she gained firsthand experience working with the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), Minnesota’s largest condemning authority. She leverages that experience to assist in delivering optimal results to clients. Robin has worked on many high-profile projects in the Twin Cities, including land acquisition for Metropolitan Council’s Blue and Green Lines, the Green Line Extension and the Blue Line Extension. She has worked on various MnDOT projects throughout Minnesota, including the recent completion of TH 610 in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
Robin provides support across many technical and procedural aspects of real estate and construction law, including:
Tracking eminent domain project data
- Conducting research on property involved in condemnation
- Drafting and examining documents
- eDiscovery document collection, review and production
- Preparing for trial
- Assisting with residential and non-residential relocation law
- Preparing relocation/reestablishment claims for properties being taken in condemnation actions
- Performing title searches; historical land title searches, tenant and tax information searches
- Preparing and recording real estate documents
Robin communicates with appointed condemnation commissioners, appraisers, counsel and landowners to coordinate commissioner viewing and hearing schedules, document exchanges and preparation of awards and settlement documents. She also has experience working with both landowners and condemning authorities in the eminent domain process.
Robin’s experience also includes construction contract disputes, prevailing wage cases, real estate transactions and landlord/tenant contracts.