Katie Miller supports clients in labor and employment matters. She has contributed to litigation victories and dismissals on claims of wrongful termination, age and sex discrimination, retaliation, Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation violations, and employment contract issues.
Katie provides experience and support on:
- Appeal matters, trial preparation, summary judgment motions and discovery
- Preparation of pretrial submissions and jury instructions
- Drafting subpoenas and preparing trial exhibits
- Reviewing client documents for privileged and confidential information
- Drafting privileged and confidential logs, responses and objections to discovery requests
Katie also has experience in personal injury, workers’ compensation, insurance defense, media law, estate planning, corporate transactions and securities litigation.
Before joining the firm, Katie gained experience as an office manager, legal administrative assistant and legal secretary.
American Institute of Business
A.B. in Executive Secretarial – Legal (1995)
Leadership & Community
- Iowa Paralegal Association