An experienced trial attorney, George represents commercial clients in lawsuits, including catastrophic personal injury, product liability, aviation, transportation, construction defect, oil and gas, and labor and employment issues. He also counsels insurer clients on coverage claims and policy drafting, and litigates commercial property and casualty matters, environmental coverage disputes, professional liability claims, and extracontractual claims before state and federal courts and in arbitration throughout the United States, as well as in the Bermuda and London markets.
George serves as national counsel for a plumbing fixture manufacturer. He has substantial experience in mass tort claims, and is regularly called upon by his clients early on to assist in mitigating and resolving matters.
- Coordinating counsel for commercial liability insurer in lawsuits arising from personal injury and property damage claims following Hurricane Rita
- Coordinating counsel for commercial excess liability insurer in lawsuits involving hundreds of personal injury and property damage claims stemming from a plant explosion and fire
- Unanimous arbitration award on behalf of managed care company seeking defense and indemnity from insurance carrier in underlying commercial disputes
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving significant personal injuries in premises liability case
- Bench trial ruling in declaratory judgment action resulting in recovery of retained limit on behalf of commercial umbrella liability insurer pertaining to settlement of underlying catastrophic personal injury case
- Successful recovery of local insurance policy proceeds in litigation in the Bahamas regarding policy interpretation and priority of insurance coverages on behalf of primary and excess insurance companies
- Adjudicated dismissal of declaratory judgment action seeking patent infringement coverage under a liability policy, and asserting extra-contractual claims
- Summary adjudication ruling in declaratory judgment action on behalf of personal lines insurer seeking declaration that exclusion precluded any duty to defend or indemnify insured in underlying personal injury claim
- Adjudicated dismissal of resort client in a multi-party wrongful death case on grounds of forum non conveniens
- Dismissal of commercial auto insurer and commercial liability insurer in a breach of contract lawsuit brought by a putative additional insured for damage to a cargo load resulting from an overturned tractor-trailer
- Dismissal of declaratory judgment action brought by insured under commercial excess liability policy seeking defense against lawsuits for personal injuries stemming from catastrophic explosion of a plant
- Dismissal of a medical products manufacturer in a suit for personal injury
- Dismissal of a contractor in an oil and gas dispute over royalties
- Dismissal of a self-insured client and primary insurance carrier in a dispute over priority of insurance coverages involving additional insured
- Adjudicated dismissal of hotel client in a non-subscriber personal injury case
- Multi-week trial of quadriplegic case on behalf of public entity with favorable resolution
In his free time, George enjoys flying, off-road sporting activities and spending time with his family.