Cindy counsels clients on compliance with campaign finance laws and regulations at federal, state and local levels of government, including: the permissibility of political contributions and activities by corporations, PACs and other entities; reporting and registration requirements and ethics restrictions imposed on contributors; and pay-to-play laws. She also advises clients on lobbying laws, including the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 and state and local lobbying laws, and governmental ethics statutes and rules governing gifts and travel.
Cindy handles matters regarding the certification and participation of disadvantaged, women and minority business enterprises (D/W/MBEs) in the government contracting process. She assists clients with preparing D/W/MBE certification applications, assessing certification eligibility and addressing certification eligibility requirements.
- Counseled private investors, education companies and other entities on purchases and sales of postsecondary educational institutions or their assets, and credit facilities to support acquisitions or ongoing operations and other complex transactions involving colleges and universities
- Advised postsecondary institutions on legal matters arising from institutional participation in Title IV federal student aid programs, including state authorization, as well as student records privacy
- Advised accrediting agencies regarding a broad range of applicable legal and regulatory issues, including the development of accrediting policies and standards
- Provided ongoing political law compliance counsel to various companies and firms
- Researched and drafted multi-state surveys of campaign finance and lobbying laws/regulations for various clients
- Assisted minority/women-owned business enterprises with applying to private and public certifying agencies for D/W/MBE certification