Machen Picard Bihrle aggressively advocates for clients’ interests in complex financial disputes.
Prior to joining Faegre Drinker, Machen served as a federal judicial law clerk for the Hon. Gregory F. Van Tatenhove of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
While attending law school, Machen was a Tennessee Legal Scholar and worked as a research associate to Prof. Penny J. White, the Elvin E. Overton Distinguished Professor of Law at the University of Tennessee College of Law.
In her spare time, Machen enjoys staying active by playing Ultimate Frisbee and disc golf with her husband, Danny. She also appreciates craft beer and follows Tennessee Volunteers basketball.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, Hon. Gregory F. Van Tatenhove, 2018-2020
University of Tennessee College of Law
J.D. summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Tennessee Law Review - Editor-in-Chief (2018)
University of Alabama
B.A. in English, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2015)
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020
- Tennessee Legal Scholars, University of Tennessee College of Law, Class of 2018
- Tennessee Law Review Silver Pen Award for an Exemplary Casenote
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award
- Summers-Wyatt Trial Advocacy Scholarship
- CALI Awards in Legal Process II, Civil Procedure I, Contracts II, Trial Practice and Appellate Litigation Clinic
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.