On August 4, 2020, the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP) announced via email that it has begun scheduling Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) focused reviews.
VEVRAA focused reviews are dedicated to evaluating contractor compliance with VEVRAA equal employment opportunity requirements. The OFCCP evaluates contract compliance through a variety of methods, including evaluation of:
- Hiring and compensation related data
- Policies and practices — including recruitment, hiring and accommodation requests
- Onsite interviews of managers and employees
Notably, due to the coronavirus pandemic, OFCCP is conducting virtual on-site reviews, with possible physical on-site reviews at a later date.
- The new VEVRAA scheduling letter
- Compliance assistance resources
- VEVRAA best practices to assist organizations and employers, such as the creation of affinity groups and understanding veteran health issues and impairments
- Frequently asked questions, which also address the new sample VEVRAA self-identification form and virtual on-site reviews
Contractors should check to see whether they have been selected for a VEVRAA focused review here. Contractors who will have a VEVRAA focused review should begin gathering the requested data noted in the VEVRAA audit letter and conduct a thorough evaluation of their VEVRAA related policies and practices in advance of the focused review.