Join attorneys from Faegre Drinker and Vaish Associates for a discussion on tax law in the U.S. and India as it relates to gifts and estates. We will discuss how these laws apply to individuals and families who are considering immigrating to the U.S., or those who are returning to India after obtaining residency or citizenship in the U.S. Specifically, we will go over:
- Tax pitfalls and tax planning strategies
- The Unified Estate and Gift Tax
- The applicability of the U.S. Exit Tax
- FEMA and India Tax considerations for emigrating to the U.S.
- The Black Money Act
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. CT
8:00 – 9:00 a.m. ET
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. IST
- Mona Ghude, Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Elaine M. Kumpula, Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Larissa R. Whitman, Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Bomi Daruwala, Joint Managing Partner, Vaish Associates
Questions? Please contact Heather Sanders or call +1 215 988 1127.