As anyone involved in construction knows, an endless list of legal problems can arise before, during, and after any construction project. Litigious neighbors, contract disputes, finance problems, insurance gaps, workplace injuries and government regulations are just a few examples.
At this year's Construction Law Seminar, Plan for the Best and Prepare for the Worst: Avoiding Legal Snags on Construction Projects, construction industry leaders and Faegre Baker Daniels construction lawyers will discuss ways to prepare for and avoid common legal problems on construction projects.
The half-day seminar will feature the following presentations:
- Integrating Preconstruction Safety and QC/QA
- StrategiesStrategies for Negotiating "Killer" Contract Clauses
- You Brought What To The Jobsite? Understanding Employers' Rights andRestrictions under the
- New Illinois Concealed Carry and Medical Marijuana Laws
- The Impact of Prequalification on All Project Stakeholders
- Insuring for the Worst: Effective Contract Insurance Provisions
- Construction Law Developments: What Courts Decided on Recent Projects Gone Wrong
The seminar also will allow you to network and market with contractors, subcontractors, designers, owners, service providers and legal experts. Seminar handouts will include the annual Construction Review, a national publication summarizing significant construction cases from across the country in 2012.
Registration Fee: $25.00
For more information and to view a detailed agenda, please click here.