Mergers and Acquisitions
Adam has substantial experience representing strategic clients and private equity sponsors in complex acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and insurance and reinsurance transactions. He is skilled at handling cross-border acquisitions and divestitures for U.S. and non-U.S. companies. Adam also has represented buyers, sellers and trustees in employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) transactions.
- Continental General Insurance Company in its acquisition of Kanawha Insurance Company, a long-term care insurer, from Humana Inc.
- Cott Corporation in various acquisition and divestiture transactions ranging from $50 million to over $1 billion
- A strategic buyer in multiple acquisitions of personal protective equipment manufacturers
- Various platform and add-on acquisitions for multiple private equity sponsors
- Several large insurance companies in traditional M&A as well as complex collateralized reinsurance transactions
- Sale of publicly traded retailer in auction process to strategic buyer for $900 million
- Multiple cross-border acquisitions and divestitures for U.S. and non-U.S. companies
- Sales of several portfolio companies of a foreign-based private equity firm including energy and technology companies
- Multiple strategic acquisitions for cash and stock by digital security company
Adam has advised on initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on offerings, and other registered and unregistered debt and equity offerings.
- Workiva Inc., a cloud-based SaaS company, in its $100 million IPO and subsequent offerings
- Hamilton Lane Incorporated (NASDAQ: HLNE), an alternative investment management firm, in its $200 million initial public offering and subsequent offerings
- Public debt offerings totaling over $8 billion for a multinational diversified manufacturer
- Multiple public follow-on offerings by companies in the technology, energy, pharmaceutical, financial services and insurance industries
- Private placements of debt and equity for multiple early-stage companies
Securities and Governance
Adam regularly advises public company clients on corporate governance and disclosure matters, and serves as the primary outside securities and governance counsel for multiple public companies.